Monday 10 June 2013

Happy New Week...

Hi from a very cold Scotland. Err is this not meant to be summer! Its back to chilly and I really have been thinking of popping the central heating on!!! 
Last night for the first time in ages I made a card just for fun. 
Its the Summer Holidays for me with Design Team work with just a couple of  GDT commissions to do with Rick over the next couple of months. So I thought I would just play. I had a blast.  Had some music on and got lost in my colouring. 
I am doing an art course online just now so ive been busy with it the last couple of weeks. Its only a 7 week course but Ive learnt so much already!! Im hoping I can apply what I learn in it to my card making. 
Im will be visiting everyones blogs in the next couple of days to see what you are up too. 
Card Recipe
6 x 6 Kraft Card
Digi Image from Dilly Beans - Ahmea Mermaid.
Papers - First Edition New Bloom.
Tim Holtz Tag
Coloured with Spectrum Noirs.
Skin FS1, FS3, FS5
Eyes EB4, EB5 and Black
Hair TN3, TN5 TN8
Bikini Top and Flower PP2, PP4, PP6
Flower Centre GB3
Fin and Eye make up BT1, BT3, BT4
I also used a black pen for my Faux Stitching and Sakura Pens in Gold Dust and Green for the fin and highlights. 
La La Land Die Cut. 
Gloss for the Water Bubbles.
I would like to enter the following challenges 
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Tonnes of Layers.
Dilly Beans - Summertime
My Time To Craft - Fairy Tale.
Spectrum Noir Challenge - Summer.
Im off now to get some lunch, Im running way behind as been chatting to Shell on the fone again!!! Hee Hee!!!! Im gonna blame her for me not doing any housework today!!!
Thank You for dropping by my blog,
Love and Sparkles.
Hazelxox

My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

17 comments:

maureenjscott said...

Love your card Hazel! I'm in not so sunny scotland too, can't believe how the weather has changed this morning! Determined not to put on the heating! Lol
Mo xxx

Carole said...

Glad you're enjoying a bit of play time Hazel, you've created a super card. Love the bubbles, great touch!
Hugs
Carole xXx

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh she's lovely - I adore her eyes! Hope your weather warms up! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is Gorgeous!!! What an Adorable lil mermaid!!! Hope it gets warmer for you quick!! Hugs, Heidi

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fabulous image and design.xxx

Kim Dellow said...

So cute! Kim

Mette said...

This is so gorgeous. Love these mermaids and you have really done her justice :).
Thank you for joining the Dilly Bean challenge.

Hugs, Mette

DesignerDiva said...

Love this little mermaid Hazel, the colours and colouring are beautiful,
I could get used to making cards for fun - it changes EVERYTHING!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Bubbles said...

Fab card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Sue B said...

Oh this is gorgeous Hazel… what a sweet image - your colouring is beautiful…I love those scrummy papers with the Kraft… and the bunting is perfect!
I hope you get some nicer weather soon hun! it's a wee bit fresher here today but I prefer it like that as I don't cope well with humid! :-)
Hope you have a good week hun!
Big hugs
Sue xx

kelly ledder said...

Gorgeous xx I am missing Mawtt but still keeping busy, spent today crafting as it was much cooler. I love this creation and the layout is fab x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Lol nope not my fault...all yours!! lolol & that stoopid thing we were looking at online! ewwwwwww!!!!

Fab card hun,just love the colours & the Dilly image is fab
congrats on your Top 3 xx

Hugs Shell xx

oops nearly forgot
Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Hazel - the image is beautiful and so perfectly coloured.
Sounds like you are making the most of your DT summer breaks - go girl :o)
Have a wonderful day
Debs xx

Vee said...

A fabulous creation, love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A gorgeous card. I love the image and your doodling.

Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz and good luck.

Hugs Sarahxx

DonnaMundinger said...

I just love it, Hazel! So happy you were able to play along with Dily Beans. Fabulous creation! xxD

Purple Crazy said...

Lovely card Hazel, such a cute image, thanks for sharing at MTTC x