Tuesday 6 March 2012

In the Jungle....

The Lion sleeps tonight!!! Oh No bet you are singing that the rest of the day now!!!
I found Courageous Carl while having a Look on Crissys Blog. He is so sweet and just right for My Mums Mothers Day card. Hope shes not having a sneeky peek!!! I have gone with colours that I dont usually pick at this time of year but they all just seemed to fall into place. I like it when a card does that.(Its not very often!!!)
The Your Grrreat comes from Tony the Tiger, hope he doesnt mind a Lion pinching his catch phrase!!! Least he didnt steal his cereal!!
I spent hours colouring him in and eventually am happy with the outcome. I wanted his mane to be really bushy looking and his fur to look furry!!! I used Debs tutorials as a guideline for the colours. So he has black in his mane as the darkest shade! By the time I stopped last night my eyes were going blurry!!! Ooops!!!

Card Recipe
6 x 6 Card
Courageous Carl Digi Image from Whimsy Stamps
Papers Bo- Bunny and SU
Flowers and Pearls from stash
Coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers
Sentiments printed on computer.

I would like to enter my Card into the following challenges
Passion For Promarkers - For Mum - Female Relative
Incy Wincy Challenge - Something Old Something New (Old Papers and New Image)
Lexis Creations- Mothers Day
2 Sisters Challenge - 1 Image, 2 Papers and 3 Embellishments
CRAFT Challenge - Mothers Day
Oldie but a Goodie - Mums the Word (Thanks Laurie xx)

Im off to get my lunch now, then watch Whitechapel from last night. We dont get it up here in Scotland so have to wait for it to be on replay. (STV are stingy and we dont get a few fabby programmes!!!) 
Remember there is still time to join in with my BLOG CANDY!
Enjoy the rest of Tuesday xx

Love Hazel xox

28 comments:

DesignerDiva said...

This is really Grrreat Hazel I love your little lion, the fur is coloured really well, I avoid animals for this reason but will check out that tute!
You could enter him into Oldie But A Goodie for my Mums' the word challenge too
Hugs Laurie xx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh he is fab and i love how you coloured him... a real softie lol
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hun Carl looks fab, your colouring is ace!
Ya mom's gonna love him!
Hugs Shell xx

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Hazel
Beryl x

Pami said...

I want to give him a big cuddle!! Love your colouring, I avoid animals because I just can't do fur!!! Hope all is well honey. Pami x

Nicki said...

This is fab hun, love that friendly lion and your colouring on his mane is brilliant.

Nicki, xx

Cumbrianlass said...

A great card so creative, hope your Mother likes it.
Janet

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
Jo and Tigerlover.

carol said...

wonderful card, thanks for sharing with CRAFT this week, x carol

Claire said...

This is brilliant Hazel, love the image which you have coloured perfectly. Thanks for playing along with An Oldie But A Goodie this fortnight. Hugs, Claire x

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for joining Craft this week

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, love the image and those papers are really beautiful
Lindsay xx

Janice said...

Great card Hazel - really good colouring - love it! Jx

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is really fab. Love how the lion is coloured up and I love that sparkle too. Fabolous design, I just love the colours. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Sue B said...

Aww this is really fab Hazel! what a wonderful image - he's adorable! your colouring is awesome - I just want to ruffle his furry mane!! I love the papers and flowers - and the sentiment really is grrreeat! I remember Tony the Tiger!! :-)
Hope you are having a good week!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Hazel :-) such a fab image and your colouring is fantastic ! his mane is just brilliant ! :-)

thanks for your lovely comment on my blog x I am in the UK at the mo' and I didn't have timne to do all my DT cards before my trip ,,, hence my lack of posting :-) how lovely of you to notice I wasn't around very much :) xx

luv
Lols x x x

Krafty Kows said...

Oh my word, isn't he so cute. Brilliant card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

Unknown said...

What a friendly looking lion :-) Honestly, you did a fabulous job with the coloring. Its not easy to color hair. 2 thumbs up! Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenges.

Mau xx said...

Wow! love this Hazel, Love the colours and your Lion is coloured beautifully xx
Hugs Mau xx

Shannah said...

Ooooh - I LOVE this image, and you've made an adorable card with him! So glad you joined our Sundays with Crissy Animal Challenge! Hugs, Shannah xox

Kezzy said...

Gorgeous card, love the image he is so cute and the papers are gorgeous. 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week :-) Kezzy x

Debs said...

What a fab card Hazel - the image is grrrreat and you have coloued him beautifully.
Thanks for sharing with us at AOBG this time and good luck.
Debs xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card
thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this fortnight
Love Jan
xx

Kelly said...

I love him! He look so bushy, i have trouble with fur too but will definately be checking out the tutorial xx Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy this week

Jo said...

Oh wow, he's gorgeous!!you've coloured him beautifully!Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time and good luck!
Jo x
DT

Crissy Armstrong said...

Your colouring on the lion is fantastic! Your attention to detail looks wonderful. Love the texture you achieved in the fur! Great job on the lion and the whole card! Thank you for playing at Sundays With Crissy, and thanks for the mention and for using one of my images too!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Hazel, what a fantastic card. I love the fun image and gorgeous colours. Your colouring of his mane is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
I'm sorry for the late comment x

Lin said...

Do you remember the variety packs of cereals. My Sister and I used to fight to be the one to rip off the cellophane so we could get our very own box of Frosties all to ourself!

Your card is fabulous. All those hours colouring your lion were so worth it, he is completely amazing! The whole creation is an absolute delight and I am so glad I came by to see it.

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations, and good luck.

Lin xx